Now Available: Snapdragon S4 MSM8960-based Mobile Development Platform/Smartphone
The MSM8960-based Snapdragon S4 Mobile Development Platform/Smartphone (MDP/S) provides application developers and device manufacturers with early access to a high-performance Android 4.0 platform for developing, testing, optimizing and showcasing applications and games for a wide range of pre-commercial devices.
Based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 with asynchronous dual Krait CPU cores, the 8960 MDP/S comes in a smartphone form factor. This new generation of the MSM8960-based Snapdragon MDP/S offers 1.5GHz performance with a higher resolution display over prior generation MDPs and ships with Android 4.0. The MSM8960 chipset includes a more powerful built-in graphics with the Adreno 225 GPU and improved power management and multimedia efficiencies through the programmable Hexagon DSP architecture.
Available from Bsquare, the Snapdragon MDP/S brings together the development platform and testing tools needed to quickly develop applications with features such as high-definition video, exceptional graphics with dedicated 2D and 3D engines and GPS—all while delivering an enhanced and immersive web experience for mobile devices built on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 MSM8960™ chipset. As a test platform, the Snapdragon MDP runs applications in a true mobile phone environment, giving you a rich and dynamic mobile experience from the end-users’ perspective—long before your applications go to market.
- Affordable, fully featured development platform and debugging tools to accelerate development
- Sleek, portable form factor that replicates a real mobile phone environment; ideal for testing applications
- Unique 3D/2D user interface with advanced dynamic effects and transitions
- High-quality multimedia performance with 3D graphics and high-definition video
- Tightly integrated hardware and software improves performance, enables advanced features, reduces development time and speeds time to market
MDP SKU contains:
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) pre-loaded
- microSD card
- HDMI-M to Mini-M cable
- 2.0m micro-USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- 30 Minutes of support
Looking for the MSM8655 or MSM8660-based Snapdragon MDP? Contact us. Also, if you need support for your MDP unit, click here.
Qualcomm, Adreno, Snapdragon and MSM are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and may be registered in other countries. DragonBoard is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.