Microsoft Windows IoT OPK Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have a signed CLA with Microsoft, you can download Windows IoT operating system software and start developing your connected device and embedded applications. Read on for answers to the most frequently asked questions about the OPK.
What is an OPK?
- OPK stands for OEM Preinstallation Kit. It is the full software required for OS (operating system) development for all Windows IoT, Server, and SQL products.
How do I get an OPK?
- For CLA holders, OPKs are available for download in the Microsoft Software Order Center (SOC). (Note that this link will work only after you have a signed CLA.)
How do I get access to the Microsoft SOC site?
- Access to this tool is granted to valid CLA holders. If you have a valid CLA, you can email msoemops@Microsoft.com, referencing your CLA number, and request login credentials. If you do not know your company’s CLA number, contact your Bsquare account executive or contact us.
How do I access and navigate the SOC site?
- Read the SOC Guide.
- If you need further assistance or you experience issues with the SOC tool, contact your Bsquare account executive or contact us.
How do I locate which OPK kit number to download?
- Contact your Bsquare account executive or contact us.